Municipal Activity Committee
Meeting Time: Fourth Wednesday of the month, Noon to 1 pm via Zoom
Committee Liaison: Katie Cole, 677-7111 email@example.com
Ryan Kegley, Chugach Alaska Corporation
Jim Kostka, AlaskanData
To monitor relevant issues affecting the local business community, and help develop responses to such issues.
- Responsible for the Anchorage Chamber advocacy program related to municipal business including development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Responsible for researching and monitoring progress of all proposed legislation at the municipality and state levels relevant to our mission of advancing a successful business climate;
- Prioritizes proposed legislation on which the Anchorage Chamber can have a significant impact, creates an advocacy strategy, and makes recommendations to the board.
- Consider the need to survey membership for municipal issues of concern;
- Develop municipal priorities and advocacy plan for each priority;
- Develop standard language and format for letters of support and public testimony for each priority;
- Review pending legislation and prioritize based on member concerns.