Municipal Activity Committee
Meeting Time: Fourth Wednesday of the month, Noon to 1 P.M. at the Anchorage Chamber Board Room
Committee Liaison: Kaylin Smith, 677-7112 firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Hasquet - Chugach Electric Association, Inc.
Calvin Schrage - Frontier Tutoring
To monitor relevant issues affecting the local business community, and help develop responses to such issues.
- Responsible for the Anchorage Chamber advocacy program related to municipal business including development, implementation, and evaluation
- Responsible for researching and monitoring progress of all proposed legislation in the municipality and state arenas relevant to our mission of advancing a successful business climate
- Prioritizes proposed legislation on which the Anchorage Chamber can have a significant impact, creates an advocacy strategy, and makes recommendations to the board
- Consider the need to survey membership for municipal issues of concern
- Develop municipal priorities and advocacy plan for each priority
- Develop standard language and format for letters of support and public testimony for each priority
- Review pending legislation and prioritize based on member concerns