Board of Directors
For over 100 years Anchorage Chamber of Commerce is able to advance a successful business climate because of its hard-working staff and dedicated board of directors. The board of directors represents both large and small businesses with diverse backgrounds and vocations. The board of directors makes decisions about issues with the needs of the entire membership in mind. The board of directors makes decisions about issues with the needs of the entire membership in mind.
The board of directors is comprised entirely of volunteers who attend monthly board meetings, speaking engagements, Anchorage Chamber events and activities and support the business community.
Former members of the board of directors include: Mayors George Wuerch and Zach Loussac; Augie Hiebert, who was instrumental in bringing telecommunications to Alaska; and Robert Atwood, who was a pioneer in the Anchorage newspaper industry.
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Anchorage Chamber board has three seats up for election. These seats are three-year terms beginning September 1, 2019. The board of directors will induct newly-elected board members at its first fiscal board meeting in September. Anchorage Chamber members may file a petition to be placed on the election ballot by July 9, 2019.
- Submit the online application at bit.ly/ACCboard
- Obtain at least 20 separate Anchorage Chamber member signatures (all in good standing) on the petition form (download here). Please limit one member per business to sign.
- Petitions can be attached to the online application. Or, mail or drop off petitions to: Anchorage Chamber, c/o Bruce Bustamante, 1016 W. Sixth Avenue, Suite 303, Anchorage, Alaska 99501. Or fax to (907) 272-4117. Deadline is 5 p.m. on July 9, 2019.
- Bios and headshots can be attached to the online application. Or, email to Bruce Bustamante at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 BOARD ELECTION TIMELINE
- June 18 Notice to Members re: Petition Process
- July 9 Deadline for Petition/Submit Photos and Bios
- July 12 Posting of Nominees on Website/E-News
- July 15 Deadline to Launch Ballot
- July 30 Deadline to Complete Ballot
- August 6 Results Announced
2018-2019 Board of Directors
BDO USA, LLP
Northern Lights Originals
Real Estate Brokers of Alaska
Prudhoe Bay Chemical and Baxter Senior Living
Chugach Electric Association
Alaska Regional Hospital
BELL & Associates
First National Bank of Alaska
ConocoPhillips Alaska, Inc.
Ross St. John
Northern Air Cargo
Alyeska Pipeline Service Co.
Thompson & Co.
Venture North Group
Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
Christopher M. Schutte
Municipality of Anchorage
Anchorage School District
University of Alaska Anchorage