Board of Directors
For over 100 years Anchorage Chamber of Commerce is able to advance a successful business climate because of its hard-working staff and dedicated board of directors. The board of directors represents both large and small businesses with diverse backgrounds and vocations. The board of directors makes decisions about issues with the needs of the entire membership in mind.
The board of directors is comprised entirely of volunteers who attend monthly board meetings, speaking engagements, Anchorage Chamber events and activities and support the business community.
Former members of the board of directors include Mayors George Wuerch and Zach Loussac; Augie Hiebert, who was instrumental in bringing telecommunications to Alaska; and Robert Atwood, who was a pioneer in the Anchorage newspaper industry.
Become a Member of the Board of Directors
2021 Board Election Timeline
- Tues., June 15 - Notice to members
- Tues., July 6 - Deadline for petition
- Fri., July 9 - Posting of nominees
- Mon., July 12 - Launch ballot
- Tues., July 27 - Deadline to complete ballot
- Tues., August 3 - Results announced
The Anchorage Chamber Board of Directors has three seats up for election. These seats are three-year terms beginning September 1, 2021.
The Anchorage Chamber of Commerce board of directors will induct newly-elected board members at its first fiscal board meeting in September. Anchorage Chamber members may file a petition to be placed on the election ballot by July 6, 2021.
Follow these simple instructions:
- Submit the online application form at bit.ly/ACCboard2021.
- Obtain at least 20 separate Anchorage Chamber member signatures (all in good standing) on the petition form. Please limit one member per business to sign. DOWNLOAD PETITION
- Petitions, bios, and headshots can be emailed to email@example.com.
Board of Directors
BDO USA, LLP
Alaska Real Estate Associates
Venture North Group
Chugach Electric Association
Alyeska Pipeline Service Co.
Alaska Premier Auctions & Appraisals
Thompson & Co.
Dr. Michael Bernstein
Providence Alaska Medical Center
New York Life and Eagle Strategies
Chugach Alaska Corporation
Far North Fashion
Alaska Regional Hospital
Anchorage School District
University of Alaska Anchorage
Better Business Bureau Northwest + Pacific
Anchorage Economic Development Corporation
Christopher M. Schutte
Municipality of Anchorage