Young Professionals Group
Monthly Networking Meeting:
2nd Tuesday of the month, 4-5 pm.
Last Friday of the month, 11:30 am-1 pm.
Tosha Kelly, 677-7103 firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are
The Young Professionals Group is made up of business professionals and corporate leaders between the ages 21 – 39. We’re ready to work hard, play hard and make a positive and impactful difference in the greater community of Anchorage. YPG was created in June of 2014 and is the largest young professional organization in Alaska with over 400 engaged members.
In the midst of a generation drawn to online social networks and online networking groups, Anchorage young professionals have not had an engaged and social network that addresses their specific needs -until now. The answer is the Young Professionals Group.
To connect diverse young professionals across the area, and to create a force that will both strengthen and grow Anchorage and the young professional community as we attract even more young professionals to live, work, play and stay in Anchorage, Alaska.
What We Do
- Professional Networking
- Fun Social Events
- Develop Your Leadership Skills
- Unique Community Service Activities
- A Professional Support System of Your Peers
- Build Awareness for yourself and your business. Imagine the possibilities!
Benefits of Joining
Employers benefit from sending their younger employees to the Young Professionals Group because they will strengthen and develop skills that make them more valuable employees, their morale will improve and they will feel appreciated by their employer.
- Meeting new people and developing new business opportunities
- Expanding your network of business contacts
- Increasing your visibility through attendance, participation and volunteering
- Strengthening your teamwork skills by joining a subcommittee
- Strengthening your leadership skills by serving as a subcommittee chair
- Broadening your knowledge base and skills through useful programs and presentations, including learning from both your peers and more experienced professionals
CHAIR: Danicia Shiryayev, Northrim Bank
VICE CHAIR: Holly White, Cook Inlet Housing Authority
SECRETARY: Tana Skye Nevada, Bridge Seafood Restaurant
EVENTS CHAIR: Dan Newman, Alaska Premier Auctions and Appraisals
COMMUNITY SERVICE CHAIR: Sierra Begich Slade, Liberty Mutual Insurance
OUTREACH CHAIR: Tony Spiroski, Salmon Berry Tours
TREASURER: Adam Sikorski, Change Wealth Advisors
SUMMIT CHAIR: Marilyn Alvarenga, Northern Compass Group
DIRECTOR: Tosha Kelly, Anchorage Chamber of Commerce