Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
The Anchorage Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer members an opportunity for more exposure to their business with an official ribbon cutting ceremony. This free service is for members who have recently opened their doors for the first time, moved to a new location, or expanded their current location.
- An Anchorage Chamber ribbon cutting ceremony should take place within six months of the grand opening, moving, or expansion of your business.
- The ribbon cutting ceremony event date can not conflict with another Anchorage Chamber event. All ribbon cuttings must be scheduled to start during business hours, 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. To ensure our availability, check the Anchorage Chamber schedule. To ensure staff and Ambassador availability, we schedule no more than three ribbon cuttings per month.
- Ribbon cuttings must not be scheduled during national holidays, or when the Anchorage Chamber office is closed.
- New members must commit to a two-year membership prior to the confirmation of the ribbon cutting. Confirmation of this agreement means the member agrees to an automatic membership renewal if the Anchorage Chamber is unable to contact anyone at the company listed for the event.
- OPTIONAL: Membership mailing labels for all 750+ members ($200)
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Email invitations to the Board of Directors and Ambassador Council
- Event listed on both the chamber and member calendars
- Listed in both the weekly e-news and events update emails leading up to the event
- Provide the XXL scissors and wide ribbon at the event as well as a group photo
- Social media post of photos at the event and post-event to further promote your business
AS A BUSINESS HOST, YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Invite guests of your own including elected officials
- Provide the Anchorage Chamber with a logo as well as a run of show and talking points for announcements
- Include important event details to be shared in correlation with the ribbon cutting ceremony
- OPTIONAL: Provide food and beverages (Recommended Members)