Anchorage Chamber Citywide Cleanup
2024 CITYWIDE CLEANUP. KEEPING ANCHORAGE CLEAN SINCE 1968!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Pick a team captain, create an awesome team name, and get registered!
- Join us throughout May at various events to win prizes from Matson (LINK COMING SOON).
- Pick up orange bags at designated locations, including your local Fred Meyer.
- Dispose of orange bags for free at the proper facilities listed. Haulers will not pick up bags on the side of the road.
- You can continue your spring cleaning after with Solid Waste Services Free Summer Disposal Pass Registration (COMING SOON)! Registration is only open during Citywide Cleanup month.
- Join the official Facebook Group
CITYWIDE CLEANUP OFFICIAL EVENTS:
Sign Up for ASD's Super Sweepers
Saturday, May 4th, 2024 | 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Have your school coordinator register your school.
- Clean up trash at your school during Super Sweeper Saturday. Join us on May 4th 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, with prizes from Fred Meyer!
- Orange bags will be delivered to your school by Saturday, May 4th.
- Our Super Sweepers sponsor, Alaska Waste, will help pick up your orange bags with the help of our coordinator.
CITYWIDE CLEANUP FAQ:
WHEN IS CITYWIDE CLEANUP?
May 3 - June 2, 2024! We have partnered with local businesses who understand how important cleanup is for our city, and we're working on ways to make it safe and successful. We're keeping this event a month long to allow time for the snow to melt and for more participation!
WHERE DO I GET ORANGE BAGS?
Look for the info buttons on the map below. Pick up your official Citywide Cleanup orange bags at your local Fred Meyer or Rec Center!
- Fred Meyer Anchorage
- Fred Meyer Eagle River
- Anchorage Rec Centers
- 94.7 Alternative Anchorage
- Northern Waste
If your team has a larger order and would like to pick them up at the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce, please fill out the request form here.
WHERE I DISPOSE ORANGE BAGS?
Please do not leave trash along the side of the road. The bags will not be picked up. You will be able to dump orange bags for free at participating locations. See the map locations with our disposal icons for Citywide Cleanup dedicated dumpsters.
- Anchorage Regional Landfill (Eagle River) 15500 Eagle River Loop, Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5pm, Saturday, 8am - 5pm
- Central Transfer Station (Mid-town Anchorage)
- For Orange Bags use the Residential Side: 54th & Juneau St, Monday - Saturday, 8am - 5pm
- Northern Waste, 1111 E. Dowling Rd.
HOW DO I CLEAN UP SAFELY?
- Remember to wear gloves while picking up trash and an orange safety vest if cleaning roadways or intersections.
- Bring sturdy plastic containers suitable for sharps like used needles. These could be medical sharps containers designed for needle collection, available at some pharmacies, or thick plastic jugs for detergent, kitty litter, or shampoo (water bottles are too thin and can be punctured.) Here’s a flier from the state health department on safe needle disposal.
- Please be aware of private property boundaries and ask permission to clean these areas.