Civic Engagement and Leadership Program
Whether it's networking, public speaking, local government, community service, or ethics, CELP covers it all and ensures your growth and success in the Anchorage business community. Eight in depth courses will be taught by Dare2Dream Leadership President, Mike Lightner. These sessions are designed to provide participants with critical leadership techniques to utilize in their professional careers. The program will also include exclusive tours and presentations provided by Alaska’s leading industries and services.
Mission Statement: Provide a resource for personal and professional development through civic engagement, business learning and hands on experience.
Goal: Growing future leaders for Alaska
Time Frame: September – May, second Friday of each month, 8am-5pm
Sessions: 2019/2020 Curriculum
1. Kickoff Retreat - September 13, 2019
2. Military in Anchorage - October 11, 2019
3. Economic Policy & Infrastructure Leadership - November 8, 2019
4. Community Day - December 13, 2019
5. Education & Healthcare - January 10, 2020
6. Media Day - February 12, 2020
7. Police, Fire, Water and Power, & Public Safety - March 14, 2020
8. Alaska’s Natural Resources Development - April 10, 2020
9. Graduation Ceremony & Community Project - May 8, 2020
During the program, participants will work together to assist a local non-profit organization complete a project that will have a significant impact on the community. The CELP class will be responsible for choosing and organizing the project from start to finish.
Participants are required to attend all sessions. More than one absence will result in immediate expulsion from the program and tuition will not be reimbursed.
Tuition cost is $1500. This fee includes all course materials and resources. Enrollment is currently open! Applications are due by 5pm, Friday, September 6, 2019.
Questions? Contact Tabitha Karpow, 907-677-7110 email@example.com